REGULATIONS OF THE INTERNET SHOP
of February 17, 2023
1. The online store [hereinafter referred to as the "Store"] conducts retail sales by the Owner of the Store via the Internet, on the basis of these Regulations [hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations"].
2. The owner of the Store is the company ART CHRISTIANA Sebastian Stryszawski: Częstochowa, Ul. Wilsona 30. , NIP: 6771599334, REGON: 357452470, tel. 668307830, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the sales contract concluded with the customer.
4. The conclusion of the sales contract is conditional on the customer's acceptance of the Terms and Conditions in the course of placing the order by checking the appropriate box in the form.
5. Prices given in the Store are gross prices (include VAT).
1. Orders can be placed as follows:
- through the form available on the Store's website,
- by e-mail to the address available on the Store's website
2. As a condition for the processing of an order, the customer must provide data allowing verification of the customer and the recipient of the goods. The store confirms acceptance of the order by email or telephone.
3. The parties are bound by the information contained on the Store's website next to the purchased goods at the time of placing an order, in particular: the price, the characteristics of the goods, their features, the elements included in the set, the date and method of delivery.
4. The information on the Store's website does not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code. a customer placing an order makes an offer to purchase a particular good. A contract of sale is concluded when the Seller confirms the acceptance of the Order for execution.
1. The customer has a choice of payment methods specified under Payment methods.
2. Shipping prices are specified in the delivery price list.
3. Release of goods is conditional on payment for the goods and shipment.
4. The online payment service provider is PayPal.
Shipment of goods
1. The Store sends ordered goods via Polish Post/USPS and Fedex shipping companies. The Store also conducts stationary sales.
2. In the case of payment by credit card, the order processing time is calculated from the moment of positive authorization of the transaction.
3. In the case of payment by means other than cash on delivery, the shipping time is extended by the period between placing the order and the date of crediting the amount due to the Store's bank account. Deferred payment is an exception.
1. In case of non-conformity of the goods with the contract, the Customer should send back to the Store, at the expense of the Store, the advertised goods together with a description of the non-conformity.
2. The Store shall respond to the customer's complaint within a maximum period of 14 days from receipt of the complaint.
3. When the realization of a justified complaint involves sending the Customer new goods or removing the non-conformity, the cost of delivery shall be borne by the Store.
4. The Seller stipulates that the differences concerning the photos of the goods, and resulting from individual settings of the computer of a given customer (color, proportions, etc.) cannot be the basis for a complaint about the goods.
Right of withdrawal from the contract
1. Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Certain Consumer Rights and Liability for Damage Caused by a Hazardous Product of March 2, 2000, a customer who is a Consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract.
2. A customer who is a Consumer may withdraw from the contract of sale without giving reasons by making a statement to that effect in writing within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of delivery. To meet this deadline it is sufficient to send the statement before its expiration.
3. In the event of effective withdrawal from the contract of sale, the contract is considered not concluded. The customer is obliged to return the purchased goods, immediately, no later than within 14 (fourteen) days.
4. Within 14 days of the customer's withdrawal from the contract, the Store Owner shall return the amount paid to the customer.
2. Personal data provided to the Store Owner is provided voluntarily, with the proviso, however, that failure to provide certain such data prevents the placement and processing of the customer's order.
3. The customer may also give separate consent to receive advertising and promotional materials, including a trade newsletter, from the Store.
4. The Customer has the right to access his/her personal data and to correct it, to request to stop its processing and to object to its processing.
OPINIONS IN THE INTERNET SHOP
1. OPINIONS IN THE INTERNET SHOP
1.1 The customer of the Internet Shop has the opportunity to voluntarily and free of charge give an opinion on purchases made in the Internet Shop. The subject of the opinion may also be an assessment, a photo or a review of the purchased product in the Online Store
1.2. The Seller after purchases made in the Online Store sends an email to the Customer with a request for issuing an opinion and a link to an online form for its issuance - the online form allows you to answer
the Seller's questions about purchases, their assessment, adding your own description regarding the opinion and a photo of the purchased product. In the absence of issuing an opinion after receiving the first email message, the Seller repeats the message once after seven days from sending the first message.
1.3. Opinion can be issued only by a Customer who has made purchases at the Seller's Online Store.
1.4. Opinions issued by the Customer are published by the Seller in the Online Store and are available to all visitors of the Online Store.
1.5. For issuing an opinion, the Seller grants each time to the Customer who issued an opinion a one-time discount code for purchases in the Online Store with a value of 5% to be used for all products in the Online Store. The discount code is valid indefinitely. The discount code is sent to the Customer to his/her email address provided during the purchase in the Online Store immediately / within 5 days after issuing reviews.
1.6. Issuance of an opinion may not be used by the Client for unlawful activities, in particular, for activities constituting an act of unfair competition against the Seller, or activities violating personal rights, intellectual property rights or other rights of the Seller or third parties.
1.7. An opinion may be issued only for actually purchased products in the Seller's Online Store. It is forbidden to conclude fictitious/apparent sales contracts in order to issue an opinion. Also, the author of the opinion cannot be the Seller himself or his employees regardless of the basis of employment.
1.8. The issued opinion can be removed by its author at any time
1. It is forbidden to use any materials published on the Store's website (including photos and descriptions of goods) without the written consent of the Store.
Effectiveness and changes to the Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect as of the date of publication on the Store's website.
2. These Terms and Conditions may be amended, and information about amendments to the Terms and Conditions will be sent to customers at the email address indicated in the order 14 days before the amended Terms and Conditions become effective.
3. In addition, amendments to the Terms and Conditions will be published on the Store website 14 days before the new Terms and Conditions become effective.
4. All orders accepted by the Store Owner for fulfillment before the date of the change of the Rules and Regulations are fulfilled on the basis of the Rules and Regulations that were in effect on the date of placing the order by the customer.
5. If the customer does not accept the new content of the Rules and Regulations, he is obliged to notify the Store Owner of this fact within 14 days from the date of notification of the change of the Rules and Regulations.